March 22nd 2015 Ring Extrication

Posted on March 23, 2015



Cedar Grove Firefighters were called to a township residence on the report of a individual with a ring stuck on her finger. After attempting to remove the ring with some less intrusive methods it was determined that the ring would have to cut from the finger. Firefighter cut the ring without further incident or injury. 

March 24th 2015 CGFD Responds Car Fire

Posted on March 25, 2015

Cedar Grove Firefighters Responded to a Fairview Avenue Residence on the report of a fully involved vehicle fire. Upon arrival firefighters found a 2012 pickup truck fully involved in fire. Responders were confronted with several explosions when propane cylinders in the bed of the truck BLEVED. A BLEVE is a boiling liquid expanding vapor explosion. It is caused by the rupture of a vessel, in this case a propane hand torch cylinders, containing a pressurized liquid being brought above its boiling point.The cause of the fire was accidental, no injuries were reported.