CEDAR GROVE FIRE MAKES QUICK WORK OF HOUSE FIRE

Posted on February 25, 2012

Police, fire and rescue personnel remained on site for more than two hours investigating the incident and surveying the home. The fire was extinguished quickly by the first crews. Afterward, it was determined that the two-alarm blaze was caused accidentally by a cigarette discarded on the rear porch of the residence, according to CEDAR GROVE  Fire Chief Michael Tower.

Tower said that the residents were alerted to the flames by a neighbor and that the fire was extinguished shortly after 8 p.m. While the fire extended into the kitchen area, the rest of the home was limited to smoke and water damage. There were no injuries as a result to the fire, Tower said.