March 24th 2015 CGFD Responds Car Fire

Cedar Grove Firefighters Responded to a Fairview Avenue Residence on the report of a fully involved vehicle fire. Upon arrival firefighters found a 2012 pickup truck fully involved in fire. Responders were confronted with several explosions when propane cylinders in the bed of the truck BLEVED. A BLEVE is a boiling liquid expanding vapor explosion. It is caused by the rupture of a vessel, in this case a propane hand torch cylinders, containing a pressurized liquid being brought above its boiling point.The cause of the fire was accidental, no injuries were reported.